- 4 Jumbo Egg whites
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
- 2 Tbs Cocoa Powder, Sifted
- 1 Cup Cream
- 2 Punnet Raspberries
- Icing Sugar to garnish
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Heat the oven to 180°C
- Line a 33x23cm Swiss Roll Tin with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, then whisk in the sugar 1tbs at a time, whisking after each addition until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Fold in the sifted cocoa powder, cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread the chocolate meringue in the lined tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until it is crisp and firm to the touch.
- Place a clean dish cloth on the counter and flip the tin on top of it and carefully peel off the baking paper.
- Whip the cream and then spread evenly over the meringue. Scatter raspberries, roll up and garnish with extra raspberries and icing sugar.